Well that photo is cute, right? In case you like words with your photos, here goes: I'm Brian, but a lot of people know me as 'BP'. I grew up near St. Louis, and have lived in Kansas and Kentucky en route to Indiana.
"We" is my awesome wife Carrie, and our girls Cora (6-going-on-13) and Mary (3). And our cat "Johnny", originally 'Juan Carlos, King of Spain' (long story). I've survived cancer twice (also a long story) and oh to grace how great a debtor!
When I'm not behind the camera, I enjoy ultimate frisbee, basketball, anything outdoors--yes, even long walks on the beach--and catching up with our favorite shows. For more, add me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.
I started on this journey back in the summer of 2000. You know, new millennium, try something new? So I enrolled in Photo1 as an elective for Architecture school.
I spent every day and night that summer shooting, developing, printing. We were old school back then: film, manual, and doing it all by hand (even rolling our film canisters). Then I took 3 more classes, shot for a local newspaper, worked in the photo lab where I started, and did more portraits. My first wedding was in 2002.
Around 2004 I made the digital dive, submitted stock photos, and covered more weddings. In 2009 I built a small home studio and this website. In 2012, I finally went full-time and covered my 60th wedding...
Looking for something?
Ordering online is easy:
Want guaranteed-quality prints from my pro lab? Downloads? Visit my online store.
- @pink_dawn in a couple weeks you can pick a ton in our garden about 3 hours ago
- 15' up over a creek bed, hunting the elusive Engagedus Coupli in the native woodlands of Indiana. http://t.co/b0owRT7DRa about 4 hours ago
- Real time #wedding shots... Rhonda and Jon between the grandparents: http://t.co/9WxBBhHzOi 1 day ago
- Testing the reflector-as-flag setup with the #Arri #lighting. A little bonus bounce too? http://t.co/BHQhVSY9Wc 1 day ago
- love this 'cmyk' shot. Wonder how many takes it took? Print cover, feb 2010 http://t.co/WXfHw79GLV 2 days ago
© 1999-2013 Brian Powell Photography, LLC