Well that photo is cute, right? In case you like words with your photos, here goes: I'm Brian, but a lot of people know me as 'BP'. I grew up near St. Louis, and have lived in Kansas and Kentucky en route to Indiana.
"We" is my awesome wife Carrie, and our girls Cora (6-going-on-13) and Mary (3). And our cat "Johnny", originally 'Juan Carlos, King of Spain' (long story). I've survived cancer twice (also a long story) and oh to grace how great a debtor!
When I'm not behind the camera, I enjoy ultimate frisbee, basketball, anything outdoors--yes, even long walks on the beach--and catching up with our favorite shows. For more, add me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.
I started on this journey back in the summer of 2000. You know, new millennium, try something new? So I enrolled in Photo1 as an elective for Architecture school.
I spent every day and night that summer shooting, developing, printing. We were old school back then: film, manual, and doing it all by hand (even rolling our film canisters). Then I took 3 more classes, shot for a local newspaper, worked in the photo lab where I started, and did more portraits. My first wedding was in 2002.
Around 2004 I made the digital dive, submitted stock photos, and covered more weddings. In 2009 I built a small home studio and this website. In 2012, I finally went full-time and covered my 60th wedding...
Looking for something?
Ordering online is easy:
Want guaranteed-quality prints from my pro lab? Downloads? Visit my online store.
- Editing last night's e-shoot and found my new favorite ring shot :). #engagement #nofilter #Ford… http://t.co/2vuqKfG063 about 7 hours ago
- @zarias I never liked anything about Flickr. Glad I never started using it.. esp. after Getty started farming there. about 19 hours ago
- help me sell my iMac and give someone a great local deal! http://t.co/I3ZZm9Mo8J 1 day ago
- Sunny and raining here.. Trying to predict the weather for shoot in Monticello tonight. An hour away. #photographerprobz 1 day ago
- Anyone that wants free June berries needs to stop by and weed in May! @nerdgirlMB @pink_dawn http://t.co/rXgbJw0RtS 1 day ago
© 1999-2013 Brian Powell Photography, LLC